Smoke grenades are a major part of the paintball world, and some of you have been wondering, “How do I make my own smoke grenade?” Well, in this blog post we are going to show you how. However, if you decide that this process is just not worth it and you would rather let a professional company make yours, then visit our website to find all of your Smoke Grenade and Smoke Bomb needs!
What Are Smoke Grenades?
To start off with, we need to define exactly what a smoke grenade is. Technically speaking, a smoke grenade is “a bomb that gives off thick smoke when it explodes and is used to distract or to mark a position.” This smoke can be colorful if you want it to be, however, it is not necessary.
Here is an example of a smoke grenade from Enola Gaye:
How To Make Your Own Smoke Grenade
Now we get to the beef of the “how-to”. Basically, to make your own smoke grenade, you need the following items and ingredients:
- An empty soda can
- A box cutter
- 5 cups of saltpeter
- 3 cups of sugar
- Food coloring, if you so desire
Steps to making your homemade smoke grenade:
- Take your empty soda can and box cutter; cut the soda can in half
- Cook the sugar and saltpeter until it turns a golden brown color – if you would like to add food coloring, now is the perfect time
- Pour the mixture into the halved soda can
- Insert the fuse into the mixture
- Place the soda can into the freezer, and let it sit for about 20 to 30 minutes; or until the mixture hardens
- And ta-da, you have a homemade smoke grenade
These homemade grenades are probably not a good idea to use at a paintball game or tournament, simply because of safety precautions. If you would like to use smoke grenades, please purchase the ones from our website.
Have you made your own smoke grenades before? If so, how did it go? Did it work? Share with us below!