If you’ve played paintball for more than 5 to 10 minutes, then you know that there is a huge market for used gear – to get the most money out of your paintball gun, mask, tank or other gear when you sell it online, follow these simple tips for success!
Tips featured in this video:
- Sell and Trade a CLEAN gun – Like Russell says, don’t be that guy who ships off and trades a nasty gun. It is really disappointing and not cool. It only takes 5 to 20 minutes to clean your marker.
- Throw a Gun Cleaning Party! Gather your friends, helps time go by and you have a blast.
- Maintain Your Gun – If your marker requires some new o-rings or needs some simple maintenance, just do it! Plus, if you keep and maintain your gun well then it will sell well.
- Take Solid Photos
- Lighting is Important! Don’t go outside when it is dark. Go out when the sun is up and bright, like at lunch time. Simply just brighten it up; the bathroom is a good bright place to go for taking pictures of your marker.
- Get Photos in Focus – By uploading focused photos, you are better able to feature your marker, the logo, the brand and how well maintained it is.
- Take a Variety of Photos – Take 20! Or 50! That way you have some really awesome photos to upload and share.
- Show Everything in the photos you take. If you have extra parts, show it off. Let the buyer know what they are getting and how it looks.
- Image Hosting and Thread Etiquette – After you have chosen a good hosting website for your images, upload them to your site of choice. You can sell your paintball gear ANYWHERE! Some websites for example might include pbriot.com, craigslist.com, pbnation.com, ebay, etc. Post your pictures and include a really great description. You also want to make it simple and to the point. Pick keywords to underline and bold, include bullets and make it look professional.
- Make a Clear and Simple Title for your Item – Avoid using long titles, encrypted titles or just crazy long sentences as your product title. Instead, just make it simple and clear what the product is. Leave all the extras for the details.
Hopefully this helped you out as you pursue selling your paintball gear. Be mature, act like an adult and you will be well on your way buying and selling your stuff extremely fast. If people like you they may even pay MORE for what you are selling! Do it right. Leave us some comments about how you have sold your paintball gear in the past. How did you do it? What websites did you use and what were your selling techniques?