Do you need some basic understanding of what playing snake means and how to go about it? If so, then this article is for you. Basically, “The Snake” is a unique bunker on the paintball field that requires you to understand how to play it and how to utilize it correctly. In this article, we will go into some detail regarding the snake and what it is all about…Enjoy!
Find The Snake
One of the most important parts of playing the snake is knowing where it is in relation to other parts and bunkers of the field. So what you will want to do is walk the field and figure out the layout before the tournament or play begins. Some of the things you will want to figure out about the snake before you start playing include the following:
- What angles and shots are associated with the snake?
- Where should you pop up from in relation to the snake?
- Where should your gun point to shoot around the snake?
- Look for blindshots – these are shots from the bunker that basically block you out, kind of like a car having a blindspot; a blindshot is a great skill when it comes to paintball because you are able to shoot at your opponent without seeing him or her from the snake.
How To Play The Snake
Before you can effectively play the snake, you need to walk the field and understand the field layout; otherwise, you will fail at this. Every field has its own layout and will require you to learn it before you can play it, and you really need to form a game plan.
- First off, you want to get to the horizontal bunker and check the tape. Be aware of where other players are and run with your head up so you can have a good view of where others are.
- You want to get down the snake as far as possible at lightning speed to avoid getting shot at. After doing this, you will want to take your angle.
- Communicate with your teammates. Snake players need to communicate a lot since they are totally blind during play. Be sure to listen to what others are saying and play accordingly. If you are told to move from your position – do that! If you are told to shoot – do it! Listen for your name and specific calls so you know where your opponent is.
- Look inside for shots; this is where your angle is going to be. If you have a corner player, let him protect you during play and watch for opponents.
- Try not to be predictable, you don’t want the opponent to be able to predict your every move – what good does that do? Never end up in the same place twice in a row – keep moving. Keeping different positions will throw your opponent off and help to post up on him or her.
- Avoid Gun Battles at all costs! And avoid tunnel vision as well, especially on the tape.
- Stay tight!
- Keep moving
- While playing the snake, practice up on your snapshooting – this is a great opportunity to do this!
What other tips and tricks do you utilize while playing the snake on the field? If you have any insight, please share them with us below in the comment box!